· At least twice a year formally review the performance of employees, and provide feedback.
· Set up formal meetings for assessment
· Know the employee being reviewed - think about the person; consider all aspects of performance and development.
· Use the meeting as an opportunity to talk about what went right and what went wrong, in a balanced way
· Exploring problem areas should be a joint problem-solving exercise, do not pre-judge, keep an open mind.
· Encourage employee input.
· Assess progress against each performance and development objective set for the year.
· Complete analysis and rate progress on each competency.
· Review assessment with second line manager as needed.
· Provide open, honest and constructive feedback to employee on performance.
· Always provide positive reinforcement.
· Complete final assessment and communicate final rating